Yearbook: Hurry! Hurry! Order your 2016-17 yearbook before time runs out! February 28th is the last day that you can order a 2016-17 yearbook. That’s 12 days from today: including weekends. You may fill out an order form and turn it into the office or to Mrs. Creviston, or you may go onto Jostens.com and order right online. Remember to write checks out to MMS for the exact amount of your yearbook choice.
Science Olympiad: Good luck to the MMS Olympiad Teams as they compete at the Western WI Regional Tournament tomorrow! The kids have been working hard, and hope to bring home the Regional Championship Trophy. Our students will be competing against teams from Rice Lake, Hudson, new Richmond, Medford, Marshfield, Boyceville and other schools. Good luck tomorrow, and remember your team picture today at 12:45 pm (end of 2nd lunch) in the Science Room.
2017 Optimist International World Oratorical Contest Information: Here is some critical information regarding the upcoming Dunn Country Optimist Oratorical Contest:
- All entries must be complete and sent to Diane Simon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 7, 2017.
- Along with the application, we must receive a copy of the speech, a copy of the contestant’s birth certificate as well as the application.
- The Club Oratorical Contest will be held on April 12 at 5:30 pm.The site is to be determined pending number of entries.
- The winners (one boy and one girl) will be sent to the Zone competition to determine those to be sent to the district contest.
- The District Contest will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in Oshkosh, WI at the 3rd Quarter Conference.Information will be given to the Zone winners regarding motel information and District competition start time.
- The District Winners will receive a $2,500 scholarship!
- One contestant will be selected to be WINUM’s entry in the World Oratorical Contest on June 15 & 16, 2017 in St. Louis for the opportunity to win an additional scholarship valued between $10,000 and $20,000.
Remember, applications need to be emailed along with a copy of applicant’s birth certificate and a copy of the speech to Diane Simon at email@example.com on or before April 7, 2017.