Battle of the Books: A huge congratulations to “Word Nerds,” the Battle team that will represent our school in state competition! Nice job, Meghan Prochnow, Anne Dye, Hayleigh Husby and Maddy Larsen. Good luck to you next week in the state competition. Remember to meet during Golden Hour this week.
Forensics: Congratulations to all forensics students on another fantastic meet last night! Be sure to reply to read the email about next week’s Friends and Family Night.
Jazz Band: We will have rehearsal tonight. It will be a regular rehearsal until 3:45 pm. We will take our yearbook photo as well.
Writing Club: Reminder there is no writing club Thursday the 16th and Thursday the 23rd due to conferences.
2017 Optimist International World Oratorical Contest Information: Here is some critical information regarding the upcoming Dunn Country Optimist Oratorical Contest:
- All entries must be complete and sent to Diane Simon via email at email@example.com on or before April 7, 2017.
- Along with the application, we must receive a copy of the speech, a copy of the contestant’s birth certificate as well as the application.
- The Club Oratorical Contest will be held on April 12 at 5:30 pm.The site is to be determined pending number of entries.
- The winners (one boy and one girl) will be sent to the Zone competition to determine those to be sent to the district contest.
- The District Contest will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in Oshkosh, WI at the 3rd Quarter Conference.Information will be given to the Zone winners regarding motel information and District competition start time.
- The District Winners will receive a $2,500 scholarship!
- One contestant will be selected to be WINUM’s entry in the World Oratorical Contest on June 15 & 16, 2017 in St. Louis for the opportunity to win an additional scholarship valued between $10,000 and $20,000.
Remember, applications need to be emailed along with a copy of applicant’s birth certificate and a copy of the speech to Diane Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 7, 2017.