Trex Challenge: 8th Grade White won January as they had the most plastic bags in their Trex receptacle. Every team has four more months (February, March, April and May) to collect CLEAN and DRY plastic bags. This means that any team can still win the TREX challenge. The team that wins the most months will have an ice cream party at the end of the school year. The score currently stands at: 8 Maroon – 2 wins, 8 White – 1 win, 7 Silver – 1 win, 7 Gold – 1 win.
Battle of the Books: Remember the top 2 battle teams will meet in the LMC after announcements today for one final face off. Come prepared to battle!
Forensics: We have our invitational at Eau Claire South today! Students need to be in the choir room by 2:45 pm. Be sure to bring your forensics piece and money for dinner.
Yearbook: Hurry! Hurry! Order your 2016-17 Yearbook before time runs out! The last day that your yearbook can be ordered is Tuesday, February 28th. That’s 15 days from today: including weekends. You have a choice to either fill out an order form and turn it into the office or to Mrs. Creviston, or you can go onto Jostens.com and order right online. Remember to write checks out to MMS for the exact amount of your yearbook choice. Hurry! Hurry! The last day to order your Yearbook is February 28th!
Jazz Band: Due to conflicts with wrestling and forensics, today’s jazz band rehearsal will be moved to tomorrow, February 15th.
Congratulations 7th Grade Basketball: Congratulations to the 7th grade basketball teams who swept Chippewa Falls last night. Coach Marky, Coach Topper, Coach Chumas and Coach Becky’s teams all pulled out wins! Way to go girls!
Boys Swim: Last night seemed like this past Sunday’s Grammy Awards all over again. There was no doubt, that in the minds of your boys’ swim team, that last night was their night. Just like Adele, your team asked, “Hello?” In this case, they wondered if anybody could compete with them. The answer was NO. Best song and best album went to Adele. Best middle school swim team and bester personal times went to your very own boys swim team! Congrats to all the swimmers!
Student Council: Student Council will be selling Sour Lickin’ Lips during the lunches today. Money collected will benefit Menomonie Boys and Girls Club and Stepping Stones.
2017 Optimist International World Oratorical Contest Information: Here is some critical information regarding the upcoming Dunn Country Optimist Oratorical Contest:
- All entries must be complete and sent to Diane Simon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 7, 2017.
- Along with the application, we must receive a copy of the speech, a copy of the contestant’s birth certificate as well as the application.
- The Club Oratorical Contest will be held on April 12 at 5:30 pm.The site is to be determined pending number of entries.
- The winners (one boy and one girl) will be sent to the Zone competition to determine those to be sent to the district contest.
- The District Contest will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in Oshkosh, WI at the 3rd Quarter Conference.Information will be given to the Zone winners regarding motel information and District competition start time.
- The District Winners will receive a $2,500 scholarship!
- One contestant will be selected to be WINUM’s entry in the World Oratorical Contest on June 15 & 16, 2017 in St. Louis for the opportunity to win an additional scholarship valued between $10,000 and $20,000.
Remember, applications need to be emailed along with a copy of applicant’s birth certificate and a copy of the speech to Diane Simon at email@example.com on or before April 7, 2017.