Battle of the Books: I need the 2 teams remaining, M.M.A.K. and Word Nerds to meet in the LMC during CARES tomorrow, February 14. Also plan on a meeting during Golden Hour, Thursday, February 16! State Competition is next week, so READ like crazy!
Student Council: Student Council will be selling Sour Lickin’ Lips during the lunches today and tomorrow. Money collected will benefit Menomonie Boys and Girls Club and Stepping Stones.
Boys Swim: The heat and lane assignments are posted in front of Ms. Yonash’s and Mrs. Kellander’s rooms for today’s meet in Chippewa. Please let a coach know if there are any sick swimmers today. Thank you and see you by the locker room doors to get on the bus.
2017 Optimist International World Oratorical Contest Information: Here is some critical information regarding the upcoming Dunn Country Optimist Oratorical Contest:
- All entries must be complete and sent to Diane Simon via email at email@example.com on or before April 7, 2017.
- Along with the application, we must receive a copy of the speech, a copy of the contestant’s birth certificate as well as the application.
- The Club Oratorical Contest will be held on April 12 at 5:30 pm.The site is to be determined pending number of entries.
- The winners (one boy and one girl) will be sent to the Zone competition to determine those to be sent to the district contest.
- The District Contest will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in Oshkosh, WI at the 3rd Quarter Conference.Information will be given to the Zone winners regarding motel information and District competition start time.
- The District Winners will receive a $2,500 scholarship!
- One contestant will be selected to be WINUM’s entry in the World Oratorical Contest on June 15 & 16, 2017 in St. Louis for the opportunity to win an additional scholarship valued between $10,000 and $20,000.
Remember, applications need to be emailed along with a copy of applicant’s birth certificate and a copy of the speech to Diane Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 7, 2017.