Battle of the Books: Congratulations goes out to our two remaining battle teams that made it to the elimination round. The team representing our school in the state completion will be determined in one final battle between the teams next Tuesday, February 14th. Newsworthy note: One of these teams, The Word Nerds: Meghan Prochnow, Anne Dye, Hayleigh Husby and Maddy Larsen had a perfect score: 40/40! Be sure to congratulate them on this amazing reading accomplishment.
Forensics Students: Today is the day! We will host the Level One Forensics meet today after school. All students should come to the choir room right after 6th hour to help get the building ready to host.
2017 Optimist International World Oratorical Contest Information: Here is some critical information regarding the upcoming Dunn Country Optimist Oratorical Contest:
- All entries must be complete and sent to Diane Simon via email at email@example.com on or before April 7, 2017.
- Along with the application, we must receive a copy of the speech, a copy of the contestant’s birth certificate as well as the application.
- The Club Oratorical Contest will be held on April 12 at 5:30 pm.The site is to be determined pending number of entries.
- The winners (one boy and one girl) will be sent to the Zone competition to determine those to be sent to the district contest.
- The District Contest will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in Oshkosh, WI at the 3rd Quarter Conference.Information will be given to the Zone winners regarding motel information and District competition start time.
- The District Winners will receive a $2,500 scholarship!
- One contestant will be selected to be WINUM’s entry in the World Oratorical Contest on June 15 & 16, 2017 in St. Louis for the opportunity to win an additional scholarship valued between $10,000 and $20,000.
Remember, applications need to be emailed along with a copy of applicant’s birth certificate and a copy of the speech to Diane Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 7, 2017.