Junior Optimists/Core Value Reps: Stay tuned and listen up for an announcement later today – during 1st and/or 2nd lunch to report to the FACS room to have your yearbook picture taken.
Leadership Group: Leadership Group will meet this morning following announcements in the General Music room.
Battle of the Books: Hey Battle of the Books teams! Don’t forget we are meeting today during CARES. Come for practice battle #3 and to get important information for the final competition! See you right after the announcements today!
2017 Optimist International World Oratorical Contest Information: Here is some critical information regarding the upcoming Dunn Country Optimist Oratorical Contest:
- All entries must be complete and sent to Diane Simon via email at email@example.com on or before April 7, 2017.
- Along with the application, we must receive a copy of the speech, a copy of the contestant’s birth certificate as well as the application.
- The Club Oratorical Contest will be held on April 12 at 5:30 pm.The site is to be determined pending number of entries.
- The winners (one boy and one girl) will be sent to the Zone competition to determine those to be sent to the district contest.
- The District Contest will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in Oshkosh, WI at the 3rd Quarter Conference.Information will be given to the Zone winners regarding motel information and District competition start time.
- The District Winners will receive a $2,500 scholarship!
- One contestant will be selected to be WINUM’s entry in the World Oratorical Contest on June 15 & 16, 2017 in St. Louis for the opportunity to win an additional scholarship valued between $10,000 and $20,000.
Remember, applications need to be emailed along with a copy of applicant’s birth certificate and a copy of the speech to Diane Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 7, 2017.